We are pleased to be able to open our church building so visitors are able to pray where hundreds of pilgrims have done so over the centuries.
Following a period of limited opening caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the church is now open daily for all visitors. The opening times are approximately 9am till 5pm in the summer, and in “daylight” hours through the autumn and winter. See also below and on our social media feeds for temporary changes (and our calendar for events like funerals).
We hope you will enjoy your visit and sign our visitors’ book.
We are very grateful to the volunteers who unlock and lock the church each day and to those who carry out the regular cleaning.
Despite the risk of coronavirus being lower now than previously because of the vaccine rollout, we are keen to ensure all our visitors are safe. We therefore ask the following of all visitors (please):
- Do not enter the building if you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Leave the doors open at all times
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival AND on departure
- Do not touch anything you do not need to touch
- Sign our online visitor’s book so we can trace you if an infection risk is discovered
Current Opening Hours
The church building will be open as advertised above. Any changes will be posted here.
Image: Widford Church at Harvest, by Mark Dunstan